The Role: Investments & Strategy Analyst
Reporting to: Chief Investments Officer
Location: 24 Grosvenor Hill, Mayfair, London
Aser Capital is seeking an Investments & Strategy (I&S) Analyst to join its fast-expanding team based in London. Aser Capital is the “Merchant Banking” arm of the Aser Group, a global investment company with a focus on media, sports and entertainment opportunities. Current portfolio includes a global network of Pay-TV channels (Eleven Sports), an English football club (Leeds United) as well as other sports lifestyle channels. Aser Capital advises Aser Group and its portfolio companies on its investment and looks at developing new projects with co-investment partners. The role will involve working across all of the businesses in the group’s portfolio and on potential investment opportunities.
The new position will support the I&S team in researching and using market intelligence/research and data analysis, and supporting the analysis done by the team across different businesses. Based on experience, the Analyst will learn how to help identify new investments opportunities, while assisting in all aspects of the investment process and portfolio management.
Aser’s team is currently small and growing fast with a series of ambitious projects in the pipeline. As a result, the role will allow the successful candidate to provide a telling and visible contribution, whilst working alongside truly world-class sports and media executives in an incredibly dynamic business.
- Conducting market and industry research
- Helping with presentations and financial modelling to support a variety of projects
- Developing sound business cases for new and existing business ventures
- Assisting the team in conducting company-specific due diligence and analysis
- Coordinating effectively meeting with stakeholders (internal/external)
- Around 2 years of experience in a finance focused role
- University degree, minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Language skills welcome
- Prior experience in sports and/or media preferable but not required
- Analytical rigor, strategic thinker, ability to deconstruct business problems
- Basic knowledge of analytical tools and frameworks, including issue identification, project structuring, data gathering and research
- Committed and resourceful team member who can work autonomously and come up with creative solutions – particularly important given size of the team
- Strong motivational and interpersonal skills and with the ability to mix easily, work effectively and establish relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to present his or her views
- Standard valuation techniques, including DCFs, comparable companies, LBOs and precedent transactions analysis
- Interest in sports