POSITION TITLE: GROUP FINANCE MANAGER
LOCATION: LONDON, UK
ELEVEN SPORTS, an award-winning global sports provider dedicated to delivering world-class international and domestic sports and lifestyle entertainment, is seeking a high-quality finance professional to join its fast expanding team.
ELEVEN SPORTS delivers more than 20,000 LIVE hours of top class sporting action to close to 17 million paying customers worldwide in Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Poland, Singapore, Taiwan and the United States. Live coverage of premium sports events is supplemented with news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and local programming.
ELEVEN SPORTS is owned by Aser, a leading global investment company with a focus on creating value through innovation in sports and media.
Aser has also recently concluded a substantial investment in Leeds United Football Club.
There is an opportunity to grow with this role for the right candidate as the group expands.
A successful candidate will act as the Group Finance Manager for Eleven Sports, working closely with the Group MD to support the operations and expansion of the business through the timely provision of high quality financial reporting and analysis.
The successful candidate will be expected to build a strong relationship with the country MD’s and their respective Heads of Finance, working closely with them to ensure the Accurate reporting and forecasting of the group’s financial performance and position.
The role will also entail providing ad-hoc support to the group financial controller on other Eleven and Aser projects as and when required.
This will include:
Preparation of Accounts:
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports for operational management, including review of the submissions from each market and management of the consolidation process
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the accounting records and financial systems
- Production of statutory accounts in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and the legislation of the countries in which they operate
- Play a full part in providing relevant & timely financial information to the Eleven Sports and Aser management team to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the company’s strategy and objectives
Budgets and Forecasts:
- Oversee the preparation and review of budgets, forecasts and business plans
Financial Management & Controls:
- Effectively manage the working capital components of the company with specific attention to debtors and cash balances
- Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies
- Overseeing monthly processing of payroll and payments to employees, plus all staff expenses
- Review of, and ensuring compliance with, the company’s controls and procedures
- Play an active role in assisting management in the risk assessment process and embedding a risk management culture throughout the organisation
- Ensure returns for Corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes are submitted in a timely fashion, liaising with external experts where required.
- Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications & experience are suited as directed by the Company
- There may be some international travel
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- ACA qualified, or equivalent professional qualification
- At least one-year post-qualification experience, or minimum 4 years relevant industry experience if non-practice background
- Able to prepare consolidated group accounts for a holding company
- A multi-tasker with the skills to work in a fast-moving business
- Set priorities, with keen analytic, organisation and problem-solving skills
- An interest in sports, and sports broadcasting, important